Busy? Hungry? Fighting the temptation to have an unhealthy, quick fix? Apple and Cinnamon muffins to the rescue.
These delicious little muffins contain only 140 calories and 8 grams of fat so yes, they are still a little bit naughty but not as naughty as that packet of crisps or that chocolate bar that you find yourself reaching for.
Quick and easy to make, Apple and Cinnamon Muffins can be enjoyed breakfast, dinner and tea and will be much more satisfying than the sat-fat-alicious treats you normally divulge in.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of apple sauce (odd, but makes the muffins moist)
There were several more ingredients but they are unnecessary to the recipe and a little more expensive. When you’re pinching your pocket until next pay day like me, it doesn’t help when you want a cheap healthy snack and have to fork out more to make your own than it would be to just simply buy them.
Follow these 4 easy steps to make your own:
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and oil until smooth. Stir in applesauce and sugar. Combine both mixtures.