Celebration bakes are our very favourite treats as you may already know from some of our recent posts Choco-vanilla birthday cupcakes, Queen Victoria crowns and St David’s Day treats. These bakes don’t just make the kitchen smell divine, they put smiles on the faces of our best friends and mark that occasion that’s special to us all, one way or another.
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading our posts and recipes for celebration bakes just as much as we’ve enjoyed writing them, but now that you’ve seen what the 5 crumby bakers can do, we thought that this week we’d hand our website over to you, so everyone can see what our users and fellow baking enthusiasts have been up to.
So as promised, here are the lovely pictures of your very own celebration bakes that you’ve been emailing us. Whoever is voted the TASTIEST looking celebration bake by this time next week will hand their recipe over, into the (perhaps not so safe) hands of the 5 crumby bakers and we’ll see how our attempt compares to your original.
Wish us luck.
Get voting in our poll below!
1. Kathryn Swarbrick’s Disney princess castle
2. Chloe O’Neill’s Triple chocolate fudge brownie cake
3. Fionnula Conway’s Jubilee lemon sponge
4. Laura Carroll’s Banoffee fudge layer cake
5. Adam Paul’s Chocolate cake with chocolate cream
6. Amy Elliot’s Giant chocolate and vanilla cupcake
7. Alice Currie’s Christmassy spiced gingerbread men (Ok so we know they’re not really a celebration bake but they’re so cute!)
8. Monica Carroll’s Easter treat chocolate cake
9. Katie Robinson’s Kit-cat surprise
10. Ben Smith’s White chocolate and toffee birthday bananza
11. Maureen Brown’s Easter chick
By Niamh Conway